History of Vaastu
Benefits of Vaastu
1. Being in harmony with nature and locality surrounding it, giving maximum utility according to its purpose.
2. Being functional and adaptable as a home and fulfilling all spiritual needs of the owner giving peace, prosperity, and long life.
History of Vaastu
Vaastu Shastra is an ancient Hindu architectural practice, which involves the construction of buildings in harmony with the natural forces, for the welfare of mankind as a whole. It is a rich Indian philosophy, which has its roots in a number of ancient works like the Vedas. Vaastu means the dwelling place of humans and Shastra means science. Hence Vaastu Shastra is the science of human dwelling.
If followed correctly, it can bring health, wealth, and prosperity to our life. It is a science of directions that has man as its central part. He is considered as the subject, object, and cause of architecture. Vaastu acts as the balancing force between man and nature. It gives direction to everything related to constructing a building. Having originated in India, it follows the Indian culture, traditions, and climatic conditions.
Vaastu Shastra gives a complete command over the knowledge of directions. There are basically eight directions, namely north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest. Each of these has significance in human life. As per Vaastu, the point at which two directions meet is extremely powerful as it combines the forces of both.
Vaastu is based on the experience of many generations. Through it, a person alters and molds the five basic elements of nature – air, water, fire, sun, and sky, which are crucial to human existence. It aims at harnessing the positive energy from all these elements and using them for the benefit of humans. For instance, it uses the heat and light of the sun, the magnetic effects of our mother earth, the direction of winds, and so on, to pave way for good health, wealth, and prosperity.
- Vaastu As Science:- Vaastu is the scientific study of directions, which utilizes the natural energies for the benefit of humans, by creating an equilibrium between man and material. It extracts positive energy from the natural elements of the universe – the panchabhootas – earth, water, air, sun, and sky.
- Basic Principles of Vaastu:- Vaastu, the ancient Indian science of Vedic origin deals with the proper construction of a house. This age-old technique guides building of homes in sync with the natural elements. A Vaastu-compliant home also brings prosperity, good thoughts, and sound health to its inhabitants.
- Elements of Vaastu:– The entire universe is believed to be made up of five basic elements, namely fire, water, earth, air, and space. The human body is also made up of these elements. These five elements are related to the five senses – taste, smell, hearing, touch, and sight.
- Vaastu Compass:- A Vaastu compass is a device used to determine the right arrangement for any given place. It is a self-pointing device, which helps in the placement of things within a structure and also suggests alternative arrangements.
- Vaastu Direction:- Vaastu is the Vedic Indian system of architecture and design. According to Hindu practice, buildings should be constructed as per the directions mentioned in the Vaastu Shastra in order to attain complete harmony with nature and for the wellbeing of humanity.
- Vaastu Pyramid:- Pyramid is a Greek word formed from the words “pyra” meaning fire and mid denoting middle or core. Fire is the universal life energy or cosmic force. Built-in Egypt centuries ago, the mystery of pyramids baffled human minds for a long time.
- Vaastu Remedies:– Considering the constraints that exist today regarding the purchase and construction of homes, it is almost impossible to incorporate Vaastu into the structure as well. However, Vaastu offers many remedies to make any existing structure in harmony with the elements and ensure harmony and peace for the inhabitants.
- Origin of Vaastu:– Vaastu has its origin in the Sthapatya Veda, a part of the Atharva Veda. Hence it is not a recent concept and in fact, dates back to thousands of years ago.
- Why Vaastu:- Vaastu balances the five elements of nature and uses them for the peace and prosperity of human beings. Hence it is very crucial to design and construct homes and other buildings in conformity with the principles of Vaastu Shastra.
- Vaastu Tips:- The ancient texts like the Vedas talk about Vaastu. The principles of Vaastu can be seen incorporated in the construction of houses during the period of Ramayana and Mahabharata. There is even evidence of Vaastu in the Indus Valley civilization.